Saturday, February 14, 2009

V-Day Hell

Why does Qupid fucking bother?
Yeah I'm kinda of a dick on this day. Mostly I'm a dick to myself and the fact that for yet another fucking year I am single, but I can be dick to people that are fortunate enough to not want to die. I mean, it is proven that suicide rates explode the weeks before the dreaded V-day. For me, it makes me want to have "I'm single and fugly!" tattooed in bold, black letters on the top of my head. Then I asked my self - what is the fucking point?

Lets go back several years, to St. Valentine himself. Or should I say, themselves. Saint Valentine was actually a group of martyrs that died in Rome some time between 200AD - 270AD. Originally, the Catholic Church would celebrate several Valentine Days in reference to their sacrifice for the faith. How the fuck did we go from guys dyeing a horrible death to fucking our brains out over red roses? Commercialization!

Sometime, in the middle of the 19th century (1850s), a move was made by corporate background to create an excuse to sell lots of love based merchandise in one day. Before, when would you sell this kind of merchandise? Anniversaries, weddings, or engagements, but how many of these happened on the same day? Even in big cities it would be minimal at best, and back then they weren't as open about affection as we are today. So to sell lots of fresh red roses, chocolates, and other lovey dovy shit, these bastards took and rewrote history, and created a new "holiday."

Now why am I, and so many others pissed at this holiday? What about Christmas or Easter? Both them are a comercialized sacreleage to the church, True. Yet, everyone has a "family" or group of friends to spend Christmas with, and getting kids to forget about the Easter Eggs is the church's problem. But V-Day hits me below the belt. I have tried hard to find a mate, a companion, and friend to spend the rest of my days with, but it doesn't happen over night.

Now, while most people know that V-day is a fad to sell love stuff, most still follow it as an excuse to spend extra money and time with the one they love. But do you need an excuse? Fuck, will one awesome night make up for a shitty year? I think the best idea of love is the one that I have with my computer. I spend all day with other computers at work, but I come home and want to spend special time with my computer. Its MY computer. I guess that's what make me a hacker, I never get burned out around computers - no matter how much time I spend on them. Getting back to love, its a continual thing, no a closet surprise that happens every once and a while. Personally, I'll plan to love my spouse all the time, then set aside a special day in every month that we can have together. As for my V-Day, I'll probably celbrate the opposte day of the year. Just a nice little fuck you to the corperations that benefit from the sales. As for right now, I'll just say it - "FUCK U CORPERATIONS, FUCK U. I'M SINGLE AND LOVING IT!"
--The Student


You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. -- The Mentor

No comments:

Post a Comment